The OHDS school year includes many fun and educational school-wide events that create a sense of community across the grades, provide opportunities for student leadership and bring the learning to life. Click on the links below to see events in action.
- First Day of School: We gather as a community to welcome each other with songs, bubbles and flowers as we celebrate the start of another beautiful school year.
- Maccabiah: A colorful all-day event of friendly competitions, artistic collaborations, songs, team cheers, outrageous colorful outfits and so much more!
- Chagigat Hasiddur: A beautiful moment for our first graders as they share songs and dances and receive their specially decorated siddurim (prayer books), surrounded by the warm support of their families and school community.
- American Civics Day: A school-wide “teach in” giving every class the chance to both learn and to teach another class what they’ve learned about an aspect of American government and civic life. And don’t forget the apple pie!
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day: A joyful day of intergenerational connection as students in all grades welcome their special adults to learn and explore together.
- Spirit Week: A student-run silly week of daily costume themes and fun to build spirit and get us ready for Purim!
- Purim Celebration and Carnival: After a festive all-school megillah reading, the whole school enjoys student-made carnival booths designed by our very own middle schoolers!
- Yom Ha Zikaron (Israel Memorial Day): A meaningful and solemn assembly created and led by our fifth grade students to honor the memory of Israel’s fallen.
- Yom Ha Atzmaut (Israel Independence Day): A joyful day of connecting to the State of Israel through a rotation of hands-on learning centers, festive student presentations and a delicious Israeli lunch!
- Lag B’Omer: A celebratory field day of sack races, archery, baked potatoes and watermelon!
- OHDS Open House and Art Show: A beautiful evening event featuring classroom presentations and showcasing impressive art from every child in the school!
- Last Day of School Carnival: A student-organized carnival with bouncy houses galore to celebrate the culmination of another great year of learning, growing and connecting!