Legacy Giving & Beyond
Each and every family touched by OHDS – parents, grandparents, relatives, and community leadership – has seen our school’s impact. OHDS’ presence in the community has helped grow local synagogues, support local Jewish support services and has even brought many families who had left Judaism back to the larger community.
Bequests and all planned gifts provide an opportunity to ensure that OHDS remains a fixture in the community, not just for our children but for generations to come.
A planned gift to OHDS will help the school by:
- Endowing financial aid for families experiencing financial hardship
- Supporting on-going education and professional development programs for faculty
- Creating a culture of long term investment in a valuable community institution
Your planned gift to OHDS will provide you with:
- A lasting mark and powerful statement, about your commitment to educating future generations of Jewish Youth.
- Recognition during your lifetime and participation in on-going events where Legacy donors will be honored for their commitment.
- The knowledge that your planned gift, when combined with others, will help secure the future of Jewish education in our community.
The OHDS Legacy Fund is managed by the Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay and is over seen by stewards from both the Foundation and the OHDS Board of Directors to ensure your gift has the impact you desire.
Current OHDS Legacy Society Members
Hilda and Yitz Applbaum
Leslie and Ray Edelman
Jerry Yanowitz and Suzanne D’Arcy
Rachel and Alan Engel
Aimee Fisher and Dan Cohen
Terry and Stephen Friedkin
Diane and David Gould
Brian R. Kaye and Fran Tannenbaum Kaye
Elissa and Alan Kittner
JB Leibovitch and Judy Chun
Marlee and Neil Taxy