OHDS is committed to supporting the differentiated needs of a wide range of learners. From small group enrichment opportunities to skills clinics to consultation with our learning specialist, our faculty works closely with students, parents and outside specialists to reach all learners.
Differentiated learning supports include:
- Full time on-site learning specialist provides observations and assessment, consultation with teachers, parents and outside service providers, and individualized learning plans
- K-2 reading clinics meet twice weekly after school to provide extra instruction for students experiencing struggle with beginning reading
- 3rd-8th math clinics meet twice weekly before or after school to provide extra instruction for student experiencing struggle with foundational math skills
- 6th-8th extra language arts class provides small group reading and writing basics instruction in English, integrated with Judaic Studies content, to support middle school students who are experiencing ongoing struggle with reading comprehension and writing
- On-site private speech and language therapist provides the convenience of access to private SLP therapy without needing to travel - parents contract directly with the therapist with sessions taking place at OHDS during the school day