Welcome to your OHDS application
It’s easy to apply to OHDS! Please submit the following documents by January 19, 2018. Contact our admissions director, Philippa Lichterman, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admissions application: Please submit an application online. This form should be signed by each parent/guardian. After submitting your application, please click here to submit your application fee of $75 (look out for the “Admissions application fee” under “Parents”).
- Teacher Recommendation Form: Please ask your child’s current school to complete and submit this form to us. Downloadable forms are available here for Kindergarten and Bridge Kindergarten applications and for Grades 1-8 applications. If you are applying to Grades 1-8, we also need a complete copy of transcripts sent to OHDS, in addition to the Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Birth certificate/passport: Please send a copy by email to our Admissions Director, Philippa Lichterman: email@example.com.
- Immunization record: Please send a copy by email to our Admissions Director, Philippa Lichterman: firstname.lastname@example.org. All immunizations must be up-to-date for admission to OHDS.
After you’ve submitted your documents, we will contact you to schedule an assessment and observation.
- Kindergarten Observation and Assessment: The Kindergarten Observation and Assessment will take place on Sunday, February 11th, 2018 in the morning hours. Your child will be invited for a playgroup observation and a one-on-one assessment. If your child’s application is submitted after the deadline, an individual assessment will be scheduled, as well as a visit to observe your child in his/her current school environment.
- Bridge Kindergarten Observation: The admissions office will arrange with your child’s preschool or daycare to visit your child, so we can observe him/her in a familiar environment. If your child is not in a preschool or daycare, we will arrange to visit him/her at home.
- Grades 1-8 School Visit and Assessment: The admissions office will schedule a time to have your child visit OHDS for the day (half day for 1st Grade applicants). During your child’s visit, he/she will shadow a fellow student throughout the day and meet with a member of the faculty for a one-on-on assessment.
Our admissions timeline is outlined below.
January 19, 2018
All documentation and required forms are due, after which assessments will be scheduled.
March 16, 2018
Decision letters are emailed to parents who have completed the application requirements.
March 23, 2018
Signed contracts are due back with deposit.
If you requested an evaluation of your Flexible Tuition, the adjusted tuition amount will be attached as an addendum to the contract and an adjusted deposit will be due with the contract on March 23.
Applications for both Admissions and Flexible Tuition are accepted on a space available basis post-deadline. Late applications are processed in a timely fashion, to the best of the school’s ability.