Our application process requires the following steps to be completed by January 20th, 2017:
- Schedule a tour of our school. Tours are arranged Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. You can arrange a tour online or you can call the Admissions Office: 510-531-8600 ext. 12.
- Submit an admissions application form online. This form should be signed by each parent/guardian.
- Submit an application fee of $75. This payment can be mailed to:
Oakland Hebrew Day School
5500 Redwood Rd
Oakland, CA 94619
Alternatively, you can call our front office to make a credit card payment over the phone: 510-531-8600.
- A Teacher Recommendation Form is required from your child’s current school. If you are applying to Grades 1-8, we request that your child’s current school send a complete copy of transcripts to OHDS, in addition to the Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Please send us a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport, as well as their immunization record.
Upon receipt of your child’s application, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule:
- Kindergarten Observation and Assessment (if applying to K) – The Kindergarten Observation and Assessment will take place on Sunday, February 12th, 2017 in the morning hours. Your child will be invited for a playgroup observation and a one-on-one assessment. If your child’s application is submitted after the deadline, an individual assessment will be scheduled, as well as a visit to observe your child in his/her current school environment.
- School Visit and Assessment (if applying to grades 1-8) – Once the Application for Admissions, Teacher Recommendation Form and Transcripts have been received, the Admissions Office will call to schedule a time to have your child visit OHDS for the day (half day for 1st Grade applicants). During your child’s visit, he/she will shadow a fellow student throughout the day and meet with a member of the faculty for a one-on-on assessment.
Admissions Notification Dates – Timeline for notification and enrollment
March 17, 2017
Decision letters are mailed to parents who have completed the application requirements.
March 24, 2017
Signed contracts are due back with deposit.
For those families who have received Flexible Tuition, the adjusted tuition amount will be attached as an addendum to the contract and an adjusted deposit will be due with the contract on March 24.
Applications for both Admissions and Flexible Tuition are accepted on a space available basis post-deadline. Late applications are processed in a timely fashion, to the best of the school’s ability.
For any questions or to schedule a tour, contact Philippa Lichterman in the Admissions Office at 531-8600, ext. 12 or email@example.com.